You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
A landing page, sometimes known as a “lead capture page” or a “lander”, is a webpage that is displayed when a potential customer clicks an advertisement or a search engine result link. This webpage typically displays content that is a relevant extension of the advertisement or link. Landing page optimization (LPO) aims to provide page content and appearance that makes the webpage more appealing to target audiences.
Here are my top 5 tips to optimize landing page conversions:
- Less is More: Keep your page free of too much information, too many images and too much clutter. Avoid conversion drop-offs by making it easy to see why your visitor is on your page and what they need to do.
- Complementary (and contrasting) colours – Colour design is extremely important in optimizing your landing page. Use complementary colour schemes to make your page appealing to the eye.
- Show a face: Using smiling faces (particularly the smiling face of a woman) increases trust. Show the face of you, you and your team or a happy customer. You increase your trust – which means you increase conversions.
- Use of keywords in page title: To increase your landing page SEO just make sure your landing page has a title, and you use that title when you’re creating the page on your website.
- Leading with a strong Call-To-Action: Remember, the CTA must tell people what to do next. You can simply provide a link or button—and people know what to do.
I am sure there are many more best practices around. Share your experience and best practices in the comments below!